At Forfar Fire Station at 19:30. Open Meeting, followed by talk the annual club photographic competition, judged by James Anderson.
Please send all entries to Colin by Friday 24th January, in order for them to be collated and sent to the judge (James Anderson) to give him a week to deliberate. The rules are described at the end of the club constitution , but are copied out below.
LIST OF RULES FOR PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETITION
1. The photos entered must have some connection with hillwalking (the club preferred) and be taken not earlier than 1 year prior to the competition.
2. An entry can be one of the following: -
(a) Any size of print from a 35mm slide, or from a film negative, or from a digital image. The entry number and description should be written on the back of the print. e.g. “3 Ben Nevis from the west”.
(b) A digital image file. The understanding is that the image should be an original (or cut from an original) and not be digitally altered to any great extent. Digital images can be provided on any optical or flash media, or e-mailed as attachments. Digital images should be named as
3. All entries to be provided to a committee member by the published closing date.
4. A member can submit a collection of no more than 5 entries.
5. There shall be two awards :-_ one for the best photograph, and one for the best group of 3 photographs from a submitted collection. These need not necessarily be awarded to the same entrant, but could be.
6. The competition to be judged by an independent judge, appointed by the committee.
So basically, submit 1 to 5 photos – email attachments would be best, but CD, DVD and SD media are OK. If emailing, make sure you send the original full resolution image, so one at a time is best. Label your emails accordingly.
There are 2 prizes – Brian Coull Trophy for best photo, Norrie Trophy for best collection (3 from 5).
By shared car, leaving from the Myre Car Park, Forfar at 07:00. Details to follow.
Contact Debbie & Brian for latest availability and prices at email@example.com.